FCCIAL will endeavor to accomplish its responsibilities towards the four regional Chambers and their members, and to fulfill its overall objectives, by playing an increasingly proactive role in providing an array of useful services, which include, among others:
The SME Center
In response to the ever-growing demands of Lebanese SMEs for affordable and specialized business services, FCCIAL decided to launch a vital initiative for the sustainable development of local enterprises: The SME Center.
The Center aspires to become a key "one-stop-shop" destination for dynamic, growth-oriented SMEs, providing them with all the technical services that they need to accomplish their growth plans.
Given the scarcity of affordable professional business services, the SME Center's role becomes even more important for the following reasons:
- Improving the capability of SMEs to compete more efficiently on domestic, regional, and global markets, as well as expanding their share of trade;
- Increasing the competitiveness of the Lebanese economy, and increasing employment through the resulting stimulation of productivity;
- Enhancing the capabilities of SMEs for product development to reach new clients and new markets;
- Building up the innovation capacities in SMEs.
The SME Center's staff will bring a vital ingredient in business consulting: A deep understanding of SMEs, their priorities and challenges, as well as a commitment to help them professionally and ethically.Go to our SME Center page
National Campaign for Food Safety
The Federation of Chambers of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture in Lebanon, along with important local partners, will launch a National Campaign aiming to maintain the highest food safety standards in Lebanese restaurants, hotels and catering establishments. The National Campaign will help shape and reinforce Lebanon's image as a clean, hospitable country and a premier destination for culinary delights.
The two main components of the National Campaign are:
1) Awareness-raising Activities; and,
2) Training Workshops on "Food Safety in the Hospitality Industry."
The Awareness-raising Activities will aim to accomplish the following objectives:
- Promote food safety and hygiene culture among the food service hospitality industry with food caterers, restaurant owners, managers and staff, Hotel restaurants and kitchen managers and staff; to be referred to in the text as the food service hospitality industry.
- Allow owners, operators and managers of the food service hospitality industry, to understand all the food safety risks faced by their food and learn how to reduce those risks.
- Improve operations and provide food safety knowledge and skills to owners, managers, chefs, and workers of the food service hospitality industry.
- Work for the establishment of statutory and regulatory directives and compliance criteria, based on international standards of food safety and hygiene.
The Training Workshops will aim to meet the following goals:
Download the Brochure for Food SafetyDownload the Brochure for Food Awareness
- To allow food-service owners, operators and managers, to understand all the food safety risks faced by their food operations.
- To learn how to reduce those risks.
- To improve operations and provide knowledge, skills and know-how to owners, managers, chefs, and workers.
- To focus on the flow of food from purchasing until final preparation.
- To comply with and obtain certification on international food safety standards such as Good Restaurant Practices, HACCP, ISO 22000 and other standards.